adam:ONE pfSense settings

Hi, apologies if I am looking in all the wrong places, but I can’t seem to track down a manual or user guide to give a detailed explanation of the settings available for adam:ONE under the pfSense Services menu.

Can someone please point me to the information?

Cheers

Hi @sternrector I apologize it isn’t easier to find, but there’s a full manual right here:

You can find both the quick start and the operators manual there.

Thanks @David for those links which are useful, however I can’t see any pages relating to the unique settings for the adam:ONE service on pfSense.

Can you point me to the pages relating to the following setup screen:

Hi @sternrector, at this point in time we do not have any literature for those settings. Let us know which ones you’d like more details on and I can source the info. for you.

Thanks @Bill_Miller - I thought I was just missing the skills to find the documentation. I’m relieved!

My query is around:

1. Network Interfaces

The Network Interfaces selection option, that indicates its function is to “Set what interfaces adam:ONE will listen on”.

Does this selection control which interfaces the adam:ONE DNS server listens on, so I could change this to ensure that some of the LANs/VLANs interfaces defined in pfSense do not have the adam:ONE DNS server attached to them?

Any other functions this setting controls, such as where the automatic NAT entries are created to forward DNS traffic for example?

1. Default HTTP Interface

I understand the function of the block page, but I can’t get my head around the scenario under which you need to select an interface “If traffic comes from another gateway”. Not sure if I am setting this to be the correct value; if I don’t really get the problem the setting is trying to solve.

Some more information on this setting would be great if you can obtain it please?

Hey @sternrector,

Re: Network Interfaces, yes you could have adam:ONE on one or more LAN/VLANs and use something else such as the built-in DNS Resolver on other LAN/VLANs.
The generated NAT and firewall entries are not created for interfaces that are not selected here as well.

The Default HTTP interface is used if you have another gateway routing traffic via this appliance. This also is the case for VPN connections. Let’s say you have OpenVPN users their block page IP would be from the default interface selected here.

Thanks for the info @atw and @Bill_Miller.

Cheers.