VLAN-based Default Policies | 🧭 Planned

It would be helpful if default policies could be applied to specific VLANs (interfaces) to make device management easier. For example, a guest VLAN could have a different default policy than other VLANs.

Hi @mike you can achieve that something similar with 802.1X - see adamnet.io/802.1X

Aren’t user-based policy mappings a little bit different though? The idea with interface-based policy mappings is that a new device could attach to the network and use the correct policy without having to configure anything. I think it would work well for networks that don’t solely use 802.1X.

1 Like

You are correct @mike
We do plan to have VLAN-based policies, but if anyone else is looking for this certainly upvote this request to raise it’s priority.

1 Like

I was thinking of this exact thing today. I have a VPN interface that I would love to be able to have users in the VPN on a different policy. For example we use our public IP for auth for a few services so we have a VPN that will route all traffic through the HQ.

Anybody on our VPN I need to disable DTTS.

1 Like

Hi, is there an estimated release date for this feature? I’d like to have my guest network bypass DTTS but also use DNS Harmony.

@tfernandez while I don’t have an estimate, I’d like to have it for the same reasons.

1 Like

Sounds good. It is in development right? Just no ETA?