Version 4.10.0 Scheduled Release is out for pfSense® and ASUS® and VyOS® as of 14 September 2023.
It includes a few improvements and fixes as outlined in previous 4.9.1 rapid releases. The most significant improvements are:
- DNS Encryption module is now supported for both internal and upstream DoH (DNS-over-HTTPS) and DoT (DNS-over-TLS)
- Significant changes in device enrolment is now ignoring IPv6 addresses without corresponding MAC addresses discovered via mDNS, reducing devices discovered and displayed on the dashboard
- Improved memory and cache management
Special thanks to all the testers that made this possible.
For installation of adam:ONE® see:
adamone-setup configure installation wizard, we recommend the default to automatically upgrade adam:ONE® software. When that default is selected, the attempt will be made based on contents in
/etc/crontab (pfSense®) or
cru l (on ASUS®).
However, in some circumstances, the internet will fail after automatic upgrade, specifically if these conditions are all met:
- your pfSense is older than what is listed at adamnet.io/pfsense
Disable the Dashboard auto-update checkis checked (System → Update → Update Settings)
- the cronjob has executed and upgraded to
The solution is to:
- upgrade pfSense®
- re-install adam:ONE®
Automatic upgrades have been completely disabled for any pfSense® versions prior to 23.01.
– Adam Networks team