Version 4.9.0-1 Scheduled Release is out for pfSense® and ASUS® as of 24 February 2024.
It includes a few improvements and fixes as outlined in previous 4.8.4 rapid releases. In summary:
- Added support for pfSense® Plus 23.01 and pfSense® 2.7.0 Community Edition.
- Added TCP reset for mismatched ssl FQDN vs SNI (a requirement for internal DNS-over-HTTPS service).
- Added TCP reset for non-SNI containing queries destined for the gateway.
- Added an external renewal option to ACME.
- Fixed a non-configurable packet monitor ring buffer size.
- Fixed ACME’s post starting after certificate creation if part of setup.
- Fixed an issue with packet-blocked status not being recorded correctly.
- Fixed content type of HTTP resources.
- Fixed HTTP redirects providing full path.
- Fixed packet monitor showing allowed packets in one direction only.
- Resolved an invalid memory access in ACME on pfSense®.
- Changed the HTTP response code for redirects to
302 Foundso MyTools.management can redirect to SSL URL and maintain compatibility for roaming devices.
- Updated packet monitor triggers to use new generic packet parser.
- Fixed an issue with failing on decoding EDNS0 for non-OPT types or empty records.
- Fixed an issue with holes not getting passed to DTTS from a TCP DNS handler.
- Fixed an issue with a
requestor_idgetting incorrectly collected.
- Fixed a packet monitor ring buffer size calculation.
- Updated to use re-factored flatbuffers.
Special thanks to all the testers that made this possible.
For installation of adam:ONE® see:
- pfSense®: adamnet.io/pfsense
- ASUS®: adamnet.io/asus
– Adam Networks team