DDoS Attack on a service

Two weeks ago a service that I use had a DDoS attack and ever since then I cannot get to the service via my router.
The service is now back up and running.
If I tether my computer to my phone’s hotspot, I can get to the service, no problem, as usual.
But via my computer, router and Adam, the service just hangs and eventually gives the following error messages :

System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (503) Service Unavailable.
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at System.Net.WebClient.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request, IAsyncResult result)
at System.Net.WebClient.GetWebResponseTaskAsync(WebRequest request)
at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadBitsAsync(WebRequest request, Stream writeStream, AsyncOperation asyncOp, Action3 completionDelegate) at cR2FtLAIX9KPE6C4huVT.kZIKb7AIKSwDPg9fiUeU.<>c.KYh6EYAG57E6ohBaPgZY.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at Failsafe.Retry.ExecuteAsync[TReturn](Func1 taskFunction)
at Failsafe.Retry.ExecuteAsync[TReturn](Func`1 taskFunction)
at cR2FtLAIX9KPE6C4huVT.kZIKb7AIKSwDPg9fiUeU.LKEAI2xADtp()
at zkyjv0A3i6DKoUwHmNte.bpn53fA3YBwNHOVC8iU7.<>c__DisplayClass6_0.krTa0JA5tsfUumIP9DGG.MoveNext()
— End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown —
at RJjdMeETx2cEgX2HnRiH.QdUEAQmLG9Q(ConfiguredTaskAwaiter& , RJjdMeETx2cEgX2HnRiH )
at zkyjv0A3i6DKoUwHmNte.bpn53fA3YBwNHOVC8iU7.fvpA3oNdPMM(P0Uqd1AV85heiGubAvuh )
at RJjdMeETx2cEgX2HnRiH.QdUEAQmLG9Q(ConfiguredTaskAwaiter& , RJjdMeETx2cEgX2HnRiH )
at zkyjv0A3i6DKoUwHmNte.bpn53fA3YBwNHOVC8iU7.Run(Panel , CancellationToken )
at MjEcwBPiYOgBPBhcVtD.Up6QBSjewC(ConfiguredTaskAwaiter& , MjEcwBPiYOgBPBhcVtD )
at Apex.DesktopAssistant.NinjaTraderToolkitInstaller.ToolkitInstallerWindow.dn5MqCT8BF()

I am using an ASUS AC-3200.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this ?
Thanks.
Dave.

Hi Dave, it sounds like for some reason that service is blocking your home public IP address. Check what your current external (public) IP is (http://mytools.management/whoami) Then try unplugging your ASUS router and your ISP modem. Leave it unplugged for a few minutes and then plug it all back in and see if you get a new external IP.

If you don’t, then try giving your ASUS router a random MAC on it’s WAN interface to trigger the ISP to give you a new IP.

src: https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1045126/

Thanks for this, Arthur.
I had already unplugged the modem and router before without success.
I did it again this morning for a few minutes longer – no change.

I will try the MAC Clone option later today and let you know.
Thanks

Hi Arthur,
I did the MAC Clone and applied it – rebooted the router — no change – same external IP.

Should I reset the modem, using the pinhole in the back ?? That would surely give me a new IP, correct ?

Dave

Nope - I was wrong – it did work !!! Thanks.
I guess I just had to put the WAN back to normal setting and then I got a new IP.

Dandy !! Thanks again. I’ll have to remember that trick.

Dave

No problem, did that solve your issue with the service then?

Yes, I was able to get to the service.
Thanks again.