Dns bind re: secure ldap

I want to configure my pfsense to use secure - ldap (google cloud identity) for secure enterprise wifi with my pfsense but in the final steps of the manual tehy describe instructions for DNS. Will this impact the Adam installation?

Here’s the first part of the steps described for dns from the netgate website-

34.2 Configuring BIND as an RFC 2136 Dynamic DNS Server
If the DNS for a domain is directly controlled on a BIND server, RFC 2136 Dynamic DNS support can be setup for use by pfSense®. This section shows how to configure BIND to support this feature. The exact location of the configuration directory for BIND will vary by operating system. It could be in /usr/local/etc/namedb/, /etc/namedb/, or elsewhere.
See also:
See Configuring RFC 2136 Dynamic DNS updates for more information on RFC 2136 Dynamic DNS.
34.2.1 Configure the BIND Server
On the server in named.conf, add the following block:
include “/etc/namedb/dns.keys.conf”;
zone “dyn.example.com” {
type master;
file “dynamic/dyn.example.com”;
update-policy { grant *.dyn.example.com. self dyn.example.com. A AAAA; };
};
Then create the initial zone file. BIND requires read/write access to this file and the directory in which it resides so that the zone and its journal may be updated.
Warning: BIND will rewrite this zone file, which is why a subdomain is used in the example.
From there, create the zone file for the new dynamic zone, dynamic/dyn.example.com
$ORIGIN .

Hi @Bain welcome to the forum. It looks like you’re following this article https://docs.netgate.com/pfsense/en/latest/recipes/auth-google-gsuite.html

But I’m not sure why you are talking about BIND and RFC 2136 as that’s unrelated to the LDAP authentication, that would be used to update an external bind server from pfSense.

There are no plans for adam:ONE to support RFC 2136 but that shouldn’t be needed for what you are trying to do.