Issue reconnecting to PFsence Firewall. Adam offline

My Adam console tells me I have been offline for almost a month.

When I log into PFSence I get this.

When I apply changes it gives me this error:
Skipping WAN_COMCAST Skipping LAN_AUDIO_LIGHTING Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot access offset of type string on string in /usr/local/pkg/dnsthingy.inc:804 Stack trace: #0 /usr/local/pkg/dnsthingy.inc(109): dnsthingy_setup_firewall(Array) #1 /usr/local/www/dnsthingy.php(60): dnsthingy_configure() #2 {main} thrown in /usr/local/pkg/dnsthingy.inc on line 804 PHP ERROR: Type: 1, File: /usr/local/pkg/dnsthingy.inc, Line: 804, Message: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot access offset of type string on string in /usr/local/pkg/dnsthingy.inc:804 Stack trace: #0 /usr/local/pkg/dnsthingy.inc(109): dnsthingy_setup_firewall(Array) #1 /usr/local/www/dnsthingy.php(60): dnsthingy_configure() #2 {main} thrown

Any ideas how to reconnect it?

Hi @sangeorgej it appears you’re running a pretty old version of adam:ONE. Please follow these steps.

1. Upgrade pfSense® to the latest version (v23.09 or 2.7.0 CE) as of now.
  2. Uninstall the old dnsthingy package by running the command: pkg remove dnsthingy
  3. Install the current package following the instructions at Install adam:ONE® (v4+) on pfSense®

Let me know if that works for you.

Edit: just want to clarify that our current package no longer integrates with the webGUI due to changes that the pfSense® project made. So you will no longer see it in the Services menu and this is expected.

I did the uninstall and the reinstall plus I added the new box ID to adamnet account. However, I now cannot access my firewall.

It looks to be a DNS issue. So that means I can’t log into the firewall or access any websites. But I can remote into the server.

Are you trying to access the firewall via DNS or by IP? If by DNS try going direct by IP.

Directly through IP. The gateway is 10.1.1.254 which before the upgrade would take me to the Adam desktop. Then I could launch to the firewall from there.

I can ping the ip but not access it. Also, my Adam web account says I’m Adam is not connected to the router

Oh I see, try going to https://10.1.1.254:20443

Over an SSH prompt run the command adamone-setup conf to make sure the binding interfaces are correctly configured as well.

Ok that got me back into the firewall and my Adam account now sees the router. I’m still dealing with the DNS not resolving.

OK can you send a screenshot of your LAN firewall rules?
Also you can verify that adam:ONE is running on port 53 but running the command sockstat | grep :53

This is what I got.
2023-11-16 13_09_04-Window

Ok it shows that anmuscle which is the adam:ONE process is running on your main LAN IP on port 53 which is good!
So it is probably your LAN firewall rules that is the problem. Are you able to share that as well?