Version 4.9.1-714 has been published to Rapid Release on pfSense and ASUS.
This is a release with significant changes in the area of TLS certificate maintenance using ACME, along with other improvements in device discovery for IPv6 hosts visible using
SD (Service Discovery):
- Added cache for reflex queries.
- Added support for
dns-jsontype DoH requests.
- Added support for grouping listening IP addresses together.
- Added support for ICMPv6 enablers.
- Fixed ACME so that it triggers renewal more predictably.
- Fixed invalid DNS packets not showing up in the log in some cases.
- Fixed a few issues with processing upstream endpoint types
- Re-worked DNS resolution to decrease the amount of memory allocations.
- Re-factored the packet monitor by placing triggers inline.
- Moved MDNS/DNSSD/SD from their separate services to the packet monitor.
- DTTS now opens holes from SVCB ipv4/6hint.
- Multitude of smaller fixes and improvements.
Rapid Release: Rollout begins 7 July 2023
Scheduled Release: delayed see Rapid Release 4.9.1-1001
Use Rapid Release if you’re adventurous or directed by our support team.
Installation steps for Rapid Release are at https://adamnet.io/rrhowto
– Adam Networks team