PHP error after pfsense upgrade_23.01-RELEASE

Team,

I have received this crash report after I have upgraded my pfSense to the latest release of 23.01-RELEASE

[15-Feb-2023 23:31:08 EST5EDT] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot access offset of type string on string in /usr/local/pkg/dnsthingy.inc:804

Stack trace:

#0 /usr/local/pkg/dnsthingy.inc(109): dnsthingy_setup_firewall(Array)

#1 /etc/inc/pkg-utils.inc(715) : eval()'d code(1): dnsthingy_configure()

#2 /etc/inc/pkg-utils.inc(715): eval()

#3 /etc/rc.start_packages(66): sync_package(‘adam:ONE’)

#4 {main}

thrown in /usr/local/pkg/dnsthingy.inc on line 804

[15-Feb-2023 23:33:38 EST5EDT] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot access offset of type string on string in /usr/local/pkg/dnsthingy.inc:804

Stack trace:

#0 /usr/local/pkg/dnsthingy.inc(109): dnsthingy_setup_firewall(Array)

#1 /etc/inc/pkg-utils.inc(715) : eval()'d code(1): dnsthingy_configure()

#2 /etc/inc/pkg-utils.inc(715): eval()

#3 /etc/rc.start_packages(66): sync_package(‘adam:ONE’)

#4 {main}

thrown in /usr/local/pkg/dnsthingy.inc on line 804

Hi @CopticOrthodox it looks like you still had our old dnsthingy package installed. You will want to follow the steps at Install adam:ONE® (v4+) on pfSense® to remove the old dnsthingy package and install our newer v4 adam:ONE package instead which is compatible with pfSense® 23.01

Team,

I followed the document and I lost internet access, DNs issues. So, no I had to completely remove AdamOne and I do not have that service run anymore in my environment. Can we please have a quick session and get some assistance on how to re-install it again please?

OK @CopticOrthodox please contact support@adamnet.works for getting direct assistance with a re-install.
It sounds like perhaps the default install didn’t select your LAN interfaces, but running the adamone-setup configure command should have resolved that.

Yes, running:
adamone-setup configure

worked a treat.

Thanks!

1 Like

I was able to go through the installation once again, and users are back online. I do not see adamone on the GUI side of pfsense anymore. Also, the internal DNS for internal devices stopped working.

nslookup 172.20.0.3
Server: UnKnown
Address: 172.20.20.1

*** UnKnown can’t find 172.20.0.3: Non-existent domain

hey @CopticOrthodox ok that’s great to hear. Yes with v4 it doesn’t show up in the GUI anymore.

Can you tell us a bit more about your internal devices, is pfSense doing your DHCP as well or do you have Active Directory or some other system?
Do you have a forwarding rule for your internal domain?

Arthur,

Thank you!

pfSense does everything, DHCP/DNS/Security/VLANs all :slight_smile: I remember I had this issue before and David (DNS Thingy CEO) took a look and was able to fix it in the next release then!

OK can you please run the command adamone-issue and send me the file in a direct message?

How do I send you a direct message, please? It is a zipped file and that file type is not allowed in messages.

Anyways, I e-mailed the file to the support team under ticket # 59559

1 Like

Any updates here, please?

@CopticOrthodox I believe you should be hearing from @David soon on this.